Facts and figures about
GARDEUR GmbH

 

The facts

  • Production plants: Tunis, Tunisia
  • Company’s own share of production: approx. 70%
  • Export share: approx. 54%
  • Annual production: approx. 3 million pieces
  • Employees: approx. 2,000

The company: GARDEUR GmbH

The Mönchengladbach-based trouser specialist GARDEUR manufactures high-quality women’s and men’s trousers with a perfect fit. The Group’s portfolio includes the brands Atelier GARDEUR, G DESIGN and Thomas Rath Trousers. In-house designers, pattern makers, lab assistants, tailors and laundry engineers in Germany and Tunisia follow every single development step of a GARDEUR pair of pants. As Germany’s only fully integrated trousers atelier, GARDEUR ensures absolutely assured fit, a high standard of craftsmanship and flexible collection control. Founded in 1920, the company employs a workforce of some 2,000 and supplies approx. 3,000 customers in 50 countries around the globe. 

The Brands

Atelier GARDEUR

Once you‘ve worn a pair of Atelier GARDEUR trousers, you‘ll know what a great pair of trousers is supposed to feel like: It contours to the body perfectly, gives you a beautiful figure, features the highest standards of craftsmanship and always matches current fashion trends. That‘s why Germany‘s first trouser brand has loyal fans: 9 out of 10 customers would recommend Atelier GARDEUR to their friends. 

G DESIGN

G DESIGN is the self-confident trousers brand for individualists. With its fashion-forward and independent approach the high-fashion label is setting new trends. Hip silhouettes, highly polished design features and discerning quality come together here for a cultivated yet casual look.

Find out more

Thomas Rath Trousers

Thomas Rath Trousers is a premium trousers brand for style-conscious women. The styles are characterised by exquisite fabrics finished with loving attention to detail and selected details. The label was launched in 2012 by designer Thomas Rath and the trousers specialist GARDEUR. Thomas Rath is responsible for the design, GARDEUR takes care of purchasing, process engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, sales, retail area management and communications.

Find out more

Management

Gerhard Kränzle, CEO
Managing Director of Design, Personnel, Marketing and Sales

Frank Schulte-Kellinghaus
Managing Director of Production, Logistics and Legal Affairs

Marcus Kraft
Vice-Managing Director of Finance, Controlling and Change Management

The Owners

In October 2013, as majority shareholder, GARDEUR CEO Gerhard Kränzle acquires a 51% stake in Mönchengladbach trouser specialist GARDEUR GmbH via Kränzle Beteiligungs GmbH. The shareholder of the remaining 49% is an investment fund of NRW.BANK.